Saturday, August 13, 2011

Anniversary Part 2

Our five year anniversary was a big one so we wanted to go away especially since we haven't had a night away since Timothy was born (in over a year). We are so thankful for Gramma Murphy coming to watch Timothy!

We enjoyed our first night at the Driskill Hotel in Austin.

Josh won a free night stay at The Driskill at his company picnic. When we checked in they asked us if we were celebrating anything and when we told them it was our five year anniversary they upgraded our room. It was a $1,ooo a night room! It was pretty but if I was paying that much money I would have been disappointed! Because it was free to us it was wonderful :)


We were blessed with some anniversary money from the family so we ate a lot of delicious food! To me this looks disgusting but Josh loved it.
We ate at the 1886 Cafe inside the Hotel and everything we ordered was amazing. It was happy hour and we received 20% off so it was delicious and cheap :) It is my new favorite place to eat in Austin.
After dinner we went up and sat on the balcony and enjoyed the pretty view.


Day 2 we drove to Corpus Christi.
I loved the view from our room!

We went to the Aquarium.


We thought it would be appropriate to eat at the place where it all began...P.F. Chang's. That is where we had our first real date and here we are eight years later celebrating five wonderful years of marriage.
They found out it was our anniversary and gave us champagne with a card and a decorated glass that we got to keep.
I have learned that the beaches here in Texas are nothing like the ones back home but I still had a fun time!
Driving back home and excited to see our son :)
Happy 5 year anniversary Babe! I'm so thankful for you! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment