Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Big Boy Bed

I asked a lot of my mom friends who have gone before me when they put their child in a bed and they all said leave them in the crib as long as possible. I saw Timmy on the video monitor try to climb out of his crib twice but both times when he got his legs over he looked down and got back in his crib. He is a cautious child so I knew he would never climb out. But he is tall and I could tell that he was too big and uncomfortable in the crib so it was time to make the switch. I was dreading it because he slept so well and I was worried that he wouldn't stay in his bed and stop sleeping as well but he did great! First night he went straight to sleep. First nap went straight to sleep. He never tried to get out. We were so proud! It has been over a week now and he is still doing great.

His older cousin had a firetruck bed so of course that is what he wanted. Thankfully we found one on Craigslist. I spent two hours cleaning it and then Josh put it together. You can tell from the pictures Timmy loves it!



Kissing him good night his first night in his big boy bed. 





These are out of order. Trying out his new bed. He was SO excited.



I don't have a picture of his new sheets, blanket and pillow on his bed but these are them. You get the idea.


His last night in his crib. It made me sad. My "baby" is growing up. 4/28/13.




No comments:

Post a Comment