Monday, April 8, 2013

California for some relief

I was super sick last winter from the cedar and for me it causes sinus migraines. I was having them daily and not able to care for Timmy so we decided that Timmy and I would go to CA for six weeks to escape the cedar and try to get some relief. I didn't want to leave Josh for that long of a time but because it was to better my health we both felt it would be worth it. God obviously knew what would happen while I was there. My sweet Grandma went home to be with Jesus while I was there. I am so thankful that I got to be with her for her last few weeks and to be there for her service. I had no idea I was going to be saying good bye to one of the people that I love most. I will do a separate post on that later.

Here are some of the better times we had in CA.

It's not every day, every week or even every month that I get to hug my mom and dad, but on this day I got to hug them both. It was a great day!







Timmy helping Gramma bake.



Playing with cousins.



It was special to have time with Sam, Chris and the boys before they moved.






Building robots.



There was a lot of time spent visiting GG at the hospital.







I got to go to a Sharks game with my dad, dad2 and sis-in-law.



We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium with my sisters family and my aunt and cousins.


















Watching the penguin show with auntie.



Visiting Uncle Jason.



Walked to Vasona Park with Papa.









Timmy got to go to Mimi's preschool while visiting her and Auntie Karla and Uncle Shannon.



After five LONG weeks of being away from Josh we were finally back together. Josh flew out our last week in CA.









My other family. Love them so much.



My BFF of 16 years! Karla helped me through a difficult time while I was there and I'm so thankful to have such an amazing friend. No, they are more than friends they are my family.



Watching daddy and grampa put the train tracks together.



My Uncle Mark came out after Grandma passed. He lives in Japan so we don't see him often and it was so nice to have some time with him. You aren't a true Lambert if you don't like the beach. :)









Played in the ocean and went through three changes of clothes.












Grampa scheduled a visit to the local Fire department. Timmy was not impressed that they didn't have a fire pole. He was spoiled by Uncle Steve's fire house, but still had a fun time.






Fire pit in the backyard and making s'mores.









Timmy loves his fire hose we bought him.



A lot happened in our six weeks in CA. Even though it was a sad time I'm thankful we could be there. And I did get relief from my migraines.

No comments:

Post a Comment