Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Grandma Lambert

My Grandma was beautiful inside and out. She really was a pretty woman but the kind of person she was is even more beautiful. She was a strong woman but also gentle and kind. She loved the Lord and lived her life for Him. She was a Godly wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She was always there to help whoever needed it. She would always put others needs above her own. She was very generous with what she had to the point that she would go without. She was a wonderful cook and whenever I would go visit she would make me hot tea if it was cold or sweet iced tea if it was hot. We would drink our tea and talk and talk. Whenever I would try a new recipe I would call to tell her about it. I miss talking to her. I miss her so much. She was the best Grandma and GG to my son. It makes me so sad that our future children won't get to have her in their life, but I'm so thankful for the time we had with her and I will treasure our memories together.

Laquita (Bette) Joy Lambert June 27, 1932-February 9, 2013.



My Grandma was there the day I was born and played a big part in my life for my whole 29 years.




Our engagement party November 2005.



Fun night out to dinner.






My baby shower May 2010.



Meeting Timmy for the first time August 13, 2010.









Grandma wanted to buy Timmy his first Christmas tree. December 2010.






Christmas Eve service December 24, 2010.



Timmy's first Christmas December 25, 2010.









Gram's birthday June 2012.



Timmy's 2nd birthday June 2012.



Last picture I have with Grandma, November 2012. Three months before she passed.



Grandma, I thank God for making me your Granddaughter. I thank Him for all the times I had with you and for the special relationship we had. I will miss visiting you and our long talks. I will miss our trips to the beach. I will miss being able to call you whenever I want to hear your voice. I will miss your Godly wisdom. I will hold onto all that you taught me. Like "this too shall pass" and so much more. I will treasure the memories I have with you like hearing you sing at church, your bright smile and warm hugs. I will think of you every time I wear red lip stick. :) There is a special place in my heart just for you. I love you Grandma! Until we meet again. All my love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment