Monday, December 31, 2012

2 1/2

Timmy turned 2 1/2 on the 28th. I decided when he turned two I would stop doing monthly updates and just do one every six months instead. I take notes of things that I want to document. One night Josh and I wrote down things that Timmy has said or done that we think are super funny or just really sweet. This may seem so random but this is what we want to remember of Timmy being 2.

"Where is your hamburger mom"? I bought Josh and Timmy a sausage muffin on my way home from an appointment one morning and when I gave it to him he asked where mine was making sure I wasn't left out.

I told Timmy I loved him and he said "back and forth back and forth". He was quoting from the book Love You Forever.

Timmy to Josh "the moon is bigger I want to touch it" Josh tells him it is far away and Timmy says "we be there in twenty minutes"?

Josh hurt his back and Timmy kisses it and says "its all better now".

Josh was giving us a kiss good bye before leaving for work and Timmy didn't see that he had already kissed me so he told his daddy to kiss mommy and then he wanted another kiss.

One night Timmy told us he wanted to go to Pump It Up and that he needs to wear sockies. He has a crazy good memory.

Timmy asked me for fruit snacks and I told him I would buy some when daddy got paid. When Josh got home from work that night he said "we get fruit snacks when you get paid dad"? Then at dinner he said "dad you need to get paid". :)

While playing with his little people from his nativity scene he kissed baby Jesus and then asked if the little guy was God.

Timmy will tell us "I love you mommy", "I love you daddy", "lets cuddle" all on his own and it melts our hearts.

Timmy's new thing when we tell him we love him he says "oh that's nice".

Whenever we get ready to go somewhere Timmy says "you look so pretty mom" or "you look so handsome dad" in the sweetest voice.

Timmy hasn't been napping most days since getting back from CA over a month ago so when he does nap (which is rare) when we go in to get him he says "I slept really much".

You are a ball of energy! You are super sweet, love to help out and you make us laugh every single day. You still go to bed at 7:30pm and wake up about 7:30am. You don't take naps most days but you still need them because when you don't nap you get super grumpy late afternoon because you are so tired. You eat at your little table now and we only use your highchair sometimes. We sold our table so when we replace it you will get to eat at the table with us. You still love fruit and vanilla yogurt. The smallest amount of sugar makes you crazy hyper so it is a special treat when you get any. You still drink milk and water. You have tried a few times to climb out of your crib but once you get your legs over you look down and decide not to climb out. I think you will be in a big boy bed soon. We will also be potty training soon but not at the same time. You love to play dress up fire fighter, construction worker or chef. You like to help me cook and bake. You still love fire trucks and tractors. You like to talk to people when we are out and you like to show them things like your toy or your shoes or anything that is on your mind. :)

You are growing up so fast! I cherish our days together and I am so thankful that I get to be home with you. There is nowhere else I would rather be. You are my joy and I love you more than I know how to say. Every night after you go to bed your daddy and I talk about how much we love you. We are so thankful and proud to be your parents. We love you Timothy James!








1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is old enough to say so many things! You can tell he has such a sweet heart. Miss the little guy!

    ReplyDelete