Friday, December 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had Thanksgiving at home this year and Jenn and Marcel (Josh's sister and her husband) came to us. Jenn loves to cook so it made my job easy. I only had to make two things. It was fun having them here and Timmy had a lot of quality time with Auntie Murphy so he was super happy.
Our camera is broken so I didn't take that many pictures and the only ones I did take were with my phone.





Watching the Cowboys game







Facetiming with family in CA.



Auntie Murphy and Uncle Marcel, or Tim Tim as Timmy calls him, spoiled Timmy for Christmas with his new Mini Cooper.



Thank you Auntie Murphy for coming to visit me and for all the fun we had together!



I can't post about Thanksgiving and not mention all that I am thankful for. There are too many things to list but here are my top ten...

1. Thankful for my Godly husband. Josh is a wonderful husband and father to our son. He is my best friend and love of my life. I'm more than thankful that God made me Josh's wife.

2. Thankful for my son. I don't think there is a greater joy than being a mother. I'm thankful that I got to experience the miracle of pregnancy. I love Timmy more than words can say and I look at him and think how on earth did I get to be his mom?

3. Thankful for all of my family. Not just for my parents and siblings but my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. I love each one of them and don't know what I would do without them.

4. Thankful for my friends. So grateful that I grew up in a church that provided me with godly friendships at a young age and that they are still in my life 21 years later. I have life long friends in CA and new ones that I met in TX. Some are just simply family to me. I'm thankful for their love, support and encouragement.

5. Thankful that I get to be a stay at home mom. God has made a way for that to be possible even when it seemed impossible. Thankful to have a hard working husband that provides for our family so that I can be home with our son.

6. Thankful for our house. I never thought much about owning a home and God totally blessed us with one. Thankful to have a safe warm place to sleep at night.

7. Thankful for my CA roots. It's pretty awesome to grow up with the beach thirty minutes away and the mountains a couple of hours away.

8. Thankful for our time in TX. God has grown Josh and I so much since moving here and learning how to do life with out any family in sight.

9. I'm thankful for cold weather. I don't get it near enough living where I do but something about it just makes me super happy.

10. Last but certainly not least I'm thankful for my Savior. He died for me so that I can be forgiven and have everlasting life. Everything I have I owe to Him. Without Him I am nothing. Thank you Lord for each and every gift you have given me!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment