Wednesday, December 5, 2012

7th trip...

to CA for Timmy. In Timmy's 29 months of life he has been to CA on average every four months. He is quite the little traveler. We decided that instead of going home for Christmas this year we would go home for Thanksgiving but then Josh's sister and her husband wanted to come to Austin for Thanksgiving so we decided to go for Halloween/my birthday instead. Here are the highlights from our three week trip. There are a LOT! :)
One of Timmy's favorite things to do at Grandma and Grandpa's house is play in the backyard in the rocks. And to have his cousins with him is even better.




















We went to Travis Air Force Base to show Timmy the airplanes.












Grandpa Murphy was a pilot in the U.S. Air Force.








Then we went to tour the Jelly Belly factory.
















One of my favorite things to do while we are home is go to beautiful San Francisco.




We took Timmy to Ghiradelli Square for a delicious ice cream sundae.
















While we were home our team the Giants won the World Series. :) I grew up going to baseball games with my Dad and it was always a special thing we did together. What are the chances that I'm home when they win the World Series and that I could actually go with my Dad to the parade? I wanted to go to the parade so bad but it was on my birthday and we already had plans with the family. So instead of going to the parade I settled for going to the stadium using some birthday money to buy us shirts and take pictures. So proud my home team is the World Series Champions! :)












Then we left Timmy for three nights with the grandparents in Brentwood so we could go to San Jose to have some time just the two of us. Of course we went to Capitola!




I got to meet my friend Lacie's brand new baby boy. Bennett is adorable!




We had family pictures taken in Capitola with my family. My father-in-law came to take some pictures for us too since they were bringing Timmy to us anyway.




Cousin Elyssa playing with Timmy












My Grandma is a trooper! She wasn't quite up for taking pictures with all the walking around in the sand but we did get one with her.




















Josh was only able to take a week off of work so after he flew home I went to Sacramento to have a night with my best friend with no Timmy. I was away from Timmy for a total of four nights which is the longest I have ever been away yet. It did help that I saw him on picture day. Anyway back to the bestie, it was so nice to have some quality time with her! I wish it could have been longer. Karla has been my best friend for the past sixteen years but she is really like a sister to me. Her family is my family. Her friendship is like no other and I'm thankful and so blessed to have her in my life.




Nana loving on Timmy




Timmy enjoying his Daddy's old trains.




I love that Timmy has cousins close in age. They love each other so much and have the best time together.








I got to see my niece Madisson cheer on the same field that I did thirteen years ago.




I got to see my nephew Randy pitch at his baseball game. All the things that I miss living in TX.




Cousin Ben and Timmy wearing their "helmets".




We went to the Oakland Zoo. Love this picture of Randy being sweet to Timmy.




















Uncle Andy




Auntie




Fun day with my sisters family!




Ben and Timmy got matching spider tattoos.




Spiderman and Captain America. They loved playing dress up.








We went to visit Gigi a couple of times.




Went to the beach with Grammy on her day off like we do every trip.




My favorite place is the beach. It is beautiful and peaceful. I love that Timmy has the same love for it that I do. He really enjoys the water even though it is freezing cold just like his mommy does. : )








I am so thankful that the Lord has made it possible for me to go home as often as we do. My family means more to me than anything and to have time with them is a treasure. Everything else fun we get to do in CA is just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment